Continuing care is the step-down level for those who have successfully completed a more intensive treatment program. Separated by gender, the groups focus on reinforcing the strengthening knowledge and skills needed to maintain a lifestyle free from alcohol and other drugs. The groups also address gender-specific issues related to recovery.
Substance Use Disorder Evaluations
Crouse Health provides comprehensive substance use disorder evaluations for adolescents and adults and has a long history of positive collaboration with courts, judges, attorneys, schools and human service agencies.
Credentialed substance use disorder counselors provide evaluations for:
- DWI/DWAI Evaluations
- Family court mandates
- Department of Social Services (DSS)
- ACCESS-VR (Adult Career & Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Educational institutions
The following information is required prior to you being seen for a DWI/DWAI Evaluation during our Same Day Access Hours. We strongly suggest that you provide us with this information prior to the day you plan to come in for your evaluation so we can make sure you have all the required documents. Many times your attorney may have the documents you need so you should begin by checking with them and asking them to fax them to us at 315-470-8379 Attn: Admissions Department.
The following documents are needed:
• Copy of your arrest report with the narrative and the BAC level, Blood results or Refusal letter (If your attorney does not have this information you will need to contact the arresting agency).
• Copy of your New York State Drivers Abstract (or abstract from the state in which state you have your driver’s license). This must be dated within the past 2 months (This can be obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles for a nominal fee).
• Collateral contact person – must be a family member, household member, significant other or close friend over the age of 18, whom you see on a regular basis and knows you well. This person will need to come with you in order to be interviewed on your behalf.
• Insurance information
You will be asked to sign a release for your attorney so they can obtain the results of your evaluation. Your results/recommendations will NOT be completed the same day. You and your attorney will receive notification by mail at a future date.
2775 Erie Blvd. E.
Syracuse, NY 13224
For more information and to access the program call: 315-470-8304
HIV Testing and Education
All Crouse Addiction Treatment Services patients receive HIV/AIDS education and the opportunity to receive confidential or anonymous HIV/AIDs testing and pre/post counseling. Testing is optional. Individuals who test positive for HIV/AIDS are referred to appropriate medical and community support.
Vocational and Career Services
Crouse Addiction Treatment Services participants having difficulty obtaining or maintaining employment will receive the following pre-vocational and vocational services, including:
- Direct counseling with a vocational rehabilitation therapist
- Referral for and collaboration with case management, job coaching and job placement
Most private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid are accepted. A sliding fee scale is available for those without insurance.
Services are provided at 2775 Erie Blvd. East in Syracuse.
For more information or to access the program: