Financial Information

Infant Health Assessment Program

A public health nurse may contact you regarding this statewide program. You must work with your local Public Health Nursing Service, your health insurance provider and the New York State Department of Health. The program is designed to ensure that children receive the necessary assistance for optimal growth and development in their early years.

Insurance and SSI

If your baby is in the hospital for 30 days or more you may apply for Medicaid insurance based on income. Please contact the Hospital Business Office at 315-470-7599 for details.
You or your baby may qualify for Supplemental Social Security (SSI) if your baby has complex medical issues or weighs less than 1200 grams. Call 800-772-1213 for information.

Hospital Medical Bills

Crouse Hospital’s business office can answer questions about your baby’s hospital expenses. A business office representative can best serve you between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on weekdays. You can call 315-470-7331.

Physician Bills

Please note that NICU physician billing is separate from hospital billing. A physician billing representative is available in the newborn services office, located just outside the NICU nursery, room 9100, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. You can call 315-470-7009.

Financial Programs and Other Services

  • If your baby stays in the hospital 30 days or more, you may apply for Medicaid insurance through the hospital’s business office. Call 315-470-7030 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to inquire.
  • If your baby weighed 1200 grams or less at birth, you may apply for federal financial aid.
  • If your baby has a condition that could result in mental or physical disability, you may apply for supplemental Social Security (SSI) benefits. Call 1-800-772-1213, your local Social Security office for further information.
  • If your baby requires skilled nursing care at home, the NICU social worker will speak with you about special programs that may be available, such as a Medicaid waiver and Crouse Care at Home program. To speak with a social worker, call 315-470-7561.
  • If you have Medicaid insurance and you require transportation needs, contact a social worker at 315-470-7561.