When you’re discharged from the hospital, the last thing you want to do is stop to pick up medications.
Now you don’t have to, thanks to a special service exclusively for Crouse Hospital patients on our medical/surgical units.
MedEx Bedside Prescription Delivery is a free service provided by Patient Portal and Kinney Drugs. Your medications can be delivered at discharge before you leave the hospital.
To participate, simply dial 888-70-MedEx (888-706-339) or extension 8080 from your hospital phone.
Why use MedEx Free Bedside Prescription Delivery?
• Convenient: no need to stop at the pharmacy on your way home from the hospital
• Free and timely delivery of prescriptions at patient bedside before discharge
• Patient counseling about medications can be provided by a pharmacist.
• 24/7 customer service
• Patients are under no obligation to transfer prescriptions to Kinney. You can use this free service just one time from the hospital for convenience
• 24/7 pharmacist hotline
• Five-day follow-up call to patient after discharge to ensure adherence and to answer any questions
• Pharmacist will do a 25-day follow-up call to initiate refills to continue medication therapy where needed