Crouse Institute for Robotic Surgery
Over the past 15 years, the Crouse Institute for Robotic Surgery has become the largest multispecialty robotic surgery program in Central New York, thanks to an experienced team of regionally and nationally recognized physicians and a commitment to using the most advanced, minimally invasive technology available.
Crouse Health began offering robot-assisted surgery using the da Vinci surgical system in 2008. Since then, our robotics team has set the standard for robot-assisted surgery in the region.
Patient benefits: Smaller incisions…less pain…faster recovery.
● Crouse Health’s multispecialty robotic surgery program is the largest in the region, with more than 15,000 procedures performed since 2008.
● Our robotics program focuses on urology, colorectal, gynecology, GYN oncology, thoracic and general surgical procedures, including bariatric surgery.
● Crouse surgeons are pioneers and regional leaders in robotic GYN oncology surgery.
● The da Vinci system is used in four out of five radical prostatectomies in the U.S.
● First in area to offer single-site surgery for gallbladder and hysterectomy.
● Offering seven robotic platforms, with six da Vinci XI systems and the latest addition of a da Vinci Single Port (SP) system, the only one in Central New York.