Crouse Institute for Robotic Surgery
Over the past decade, the Crouse Institute for Robotic Surgery has become the largest multispecialty robotic surgery program in Central New York, thanks to an experienced team of regionally and nationally recognized physicians and a commitment to using the most advanced, minimally invasive technology available.
Crouse Health began offering robot-assisted surgery using the da Vinci surgical system in 2008. Since then, our robotics team has set the standard for robot-assisted surgery in the region.
Patient benefits: Smaller incisions…less pain…faster recovery.
● Crouse Health’s multispecialty robotic surgery program is the largest in the region, with more than 1,750 procedures performed in 2019.
● Our robotics program focuses on urology, colorectal, gynecology, GYN oncology and general surgical procedures, including bariatric surgery.
● Crouse surgeons are the pioneers and regional leaders in robotic GYN oncology surgery.
● The da Vinci system is used in four out of five radical prostatectomies in the U.S.
● First in area to offer single-site surgery for gallbladder and hysterectomy.