General Visiting Hours
We value the importance of visiting for both our patients and our guests and offer these helpful “tips” to ensure a pleasant, respectful and healing visit for all.
• As part of our Healing Environment, we welcome visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may visit at your convenience, provided you are healthy (no coughs/colds, etc.) and the patient has agreed to open visiting. Please check with the patient before coming to the hospital. If possible, please tell us in advance so that we may help make accommodations.
• Be respectful and considerate of our staff, physicians, volunteers and other visitors and patients.
• You may be asked to step out of the patient room while visiting; this may be related to your loved one’s care, or the care of another patient in the same room. Please respect this request.
• A healing environment is a calm environment. Please help us keep our hospital QUIET.
• Be engaged in the care of your loved one. Do not be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand something regarding the care your loved one is receiving. Advocate for your loved one in a helpful manner.
• Please note that the number of visitors in a patient room at one time may need to be limited out of respect for roommates or due to room size.
• You will discuss your request for overnight visiting with the staff. You will understand if there is a need to have you stay in the Guesting Center or Waiting Area with subsequent visits with your loved one throughout the night.
• All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, other than the patient.
• Visitors are responsible for personal belongings.
If you need assistance or have any questions while visiting, please talk to the unit charge nurse or nurse manager or call Patient & Guest Relations at 315-470‑7087.