Crouse Health Foundation’s 16th annual Crouse Classic Golf Tournament was held Monday, July 17 at the beautiful and challenging Bellevue Country Club, Syracuse. Both morning and afternoon shotgun starts were offered in a Captain and Crew format as golfers enjoyed friendly contests on a variety of holes with tasty treats and refreshments available throughout the course. With only two minor inclement weather delays, golfers in both sessions played 18 holes followed by a casual reception, delicious dinner and awards presentation.
Over 200 golfers participated as the tournament raised $125,000 in net proceeds to support the work of the Baker Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Crouse Health’s Kienzle Family Maternity Center. To date, golf tournaments in support of Crouse Health have raised more than $1.7 million.
This year’s Crouse Classic Golf Tournament proceeds will be used to purchase a Neonatal Transport Isolette. Every year nearly 300 critically-ill infants are transported from hospitals in the fourteen-county Central New York region to Crouse Hospital’s Baker Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. It is Crouse’s highly-skilled transport team from the Baker NICU that provides this service 24/7 to the region. To ensure the needs of these infants are met, this specialized team of experts uses the isolette to provide the infants with the necessary support of a safe and warm environment and to supply their respiratory and IV needs during transport.
Donations to benefit the Baker Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit are gratefully welcomed. For more information and/or inquiries about the 2018 Crouse Classic Golf Tournament, please contact Phyllis Devlin at 315-470-7008, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Tournament Winners
Captain & Crew Flight A
– 1st place (61) – Brian Anderson, Steve Barker, Thomas Hartzheim, Herb Mendel
– 2nd place (62) – Sean Barron, Ryan Caster, Al Gracie, Mike Schoell
Captain & Crew Flight B
– 1st place (62) – Phil Cicco, Mike Rulffes, Bill Sheehan, Jordan Wills
– 2nd place (63) – Joe Dufford, Phil Favreau, Randy Nolan, Jeffrey Schuster
Captain & Crew Flight C
– 1st place (65) – John Bergemann, David Kavney, Sabrina Webster, Zachary Zuckerman
– 2nd place (67) – Robert Calnon, Michael Cominolli, Julie Jackson, Katie Wells
Closest to the Pin – Hole # 3 sponsored by Laboratory Alliance of CNY, LLC
– Morning – Steve Barker (3’10”)
– Afternoon – Mark Bethmann (45”)
Closest to the Pin – Hole # 7 sponsored by Stephen L. Barker, MD
– Morning – Cooper MacDonnell (9’7”)
– Afternoon – Mark Barlow (8’4”)
Closest to the Pin – Hole # 13 sponsored by American Anesthesiology of NY
– Morning – Robert Calnon (13’)
– Afternoon – J D Pierson (6’6”)
Closest to the Pin – Hole #15 sponsored by Kopp Billing Agency, Inc.
– Morning – Jeff Schuster (4’ 2”)
– Afternoon – Doug Mantz (4’ 9”)
Closest to the Line Women – Hole #5 sponsored by POMCO Group
– Morning – Peggy Ogden
– Afternoon – Chris Laverty
Closest to the Line Men – Hole #10 sponsored by Voya Financial
– Morning – Alec Neider
– Afternoon – Peter Jones
Longest Drive Women – Hole #8 sponsored by Ned Ginty
– Morning – Jennifer Scanlon-Mogel
– Afternoon – Sabrina Webster
Longest Drive Men – Hole #18 sponsored by BPAS
– Morning – Brian Balash
– Afternoon – Nate Shirley