As a nationally registered Safe Sitter®teaching site, Crouse Spirit of Women for Kids now offers a comprehensive babysitter training program for adolescents in grades 6-8.
Program goals include handling emergencies when caring for younger children and being equally equipped with the tools needed to safely stay home alone.
To graduate from the Crouse Hospital Safe Sitter® course and receive a completion card, students must demonstrate the practical skills needed for safe sitting and master the key concepts of life and safety skills.
Cost for this all-day program is $75, which includes:
- Learning to prevent infant and child injuries by understanding how, why and where injuries can happen
- Infant and child-choking rescue and CPR
- Age-appropriate child care
- How to prevent problem behavior
- How to organize a teen-run babysitting business
- Issues of online and mobile phone safety
Classes are provided on Saturdays in Crouse Hospital’s Marley Education Center, 765 Irving Avenue, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Parents should arrive at 3:45 p.m. for the graduation ceremony.
2019 class dates:
For more information, review the following documents. You may also call Crouse Spirit of Women directly at 315-470-5777. Special group rates and off-site training’s are also possible.