Crouse Health, the area’s leading provider of Addiction Treatment Services and maternity care, has partnered with the Lerner Center for Public Health Promotion at Syracuse University, for the Plan of Safe Care Workshop.
The workshop is intended to educate providers and community workers on implementing federally mandated plans of safe care for pregnant women with substance use disorder.
Plan of Safe Care will cover:
• The Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
• Local statistics on Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, substance use, and associated healthcare costs
• The science behind addiction (trauma, relapse, Medication Assisted Treatment, Narcan)
• Developing a Plan of Safe Care
• Expert panel discussion featuring Tolani Ajagbe, MD and Kathleen Dermady, NP
CME Credits: 2 credit hours
CASAC Credits: 2 credit hours
Click below to register for one of the following workshop sessions:
• Providers only: Thursday, Feb. 4, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• Social Workers, Counselors, Community Health Workers: Tuesday, Feb. 9, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
• Social Workers, Counselors, Community Health Workers: Thursday, Feb. 11, 12:30-2:30 p.m.